Views: 2 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2022-02-11 Origin: Site
Tension clamp refers to the hardware used to fix the wire to bear the tension of the wire and hang the wire to the tension string or tower.
Tension clamps can be roughly divided into two categories according to their structure and installation conditions. Category 1: The tension clamp should bear all the pulling force of the wire or the lightning protection wire. The clamping force of the wire clamp is not less than 90% of the rated tensile strength of the installed wire or lightning protection wire, but it is not used as a conductor. This type of clip can be removed after the wire is installed and used separately. Such clamps include bolt-type tension clamps and wedge-type tension clamps. Category II: The tension clamp not only bears all the pulling force of the wire or the lightning conductor, but also acts as a conductor. Therefore, once this type of wire clip is installed, it cannot be disassembled, also known as dead wire clip. Since it is a conductor, the installation of the wire clip should be carried out carefully in accordance with the provisions of the relevant installation procedures.
Tension clamps are used for corner, splice, and terminal connections.
The tension clamp is used to fix the wire or the lightning protection wire to the non-linear tower tension insulator string, which acts as an anchor and is also used to fix the pull wire of the pull rod tower.
1. Avoid short-circuit accidents caused by the overlapping of small animals such as birds and beasts or foreign objects;
2. Prevent electrical accidents caused by condensation flashing, dirty flashing, and icicle sticking to snow;
3. Prevent acid rain, salt spray and unhelpful chemical gases from corroding transformer inlet and outlet lines;
4. Avoid personal casualties caused by pedestrians accidentally touching exposed electrical contacts;
5. The fully enclosed operation of the protective cover and the metering device can prevent criminals from stealing electricity;
6. Buckle structure, easy to install and reusable.